StackUps encourages students to:
- Recognize, name, build, draw, compare, and sort 2- and 3-dimensional shapes
- Describe attributes and parts of 2- and 3-dimensional shapes
- Investigate and predict the results of putting together and taking apart 2- and 3-dimensional shapes.
Students can practice:
- Building 3-D models using hook/loop material cubes in combination with tactile displays
- Using Mat Plans to construct and create stacked cube arrangements
- Interpreting front-right-top views
- Determining volume and surface area
- StackUps Cubes
- Stacked Cube Arrangement Cards
- Mat Plan Cards
- Mat Plan Worksheets
- 5 x 5 Grids
- Hook/loop material Squares for use with the 5 x 5 grids
- Large Print Teacher’s Guidebook
- Braille Teacher’s Guidebook
- Guidebook CD-ROM with an interactive “StackUps Skills Checklist.”
Recommended Ages: 10 years and older.
WARNING: Choking Hazard-Small Parts. Not intended for children ages 5 and under without adult supervision.
StackUps: Spatial Reasoning Using Cubes and Isometric Drawings
Catalog Number: 1-08960-00
StackUps Cubes (set of 20):
Catalog Number: 1-08960-01
StackUps Mat Plan Worksheets (pack of 25):
Catalog Number: 1-08960-02
Braille Teacher’s Guidebook with CD-ROM:
Catalog Number: 5-08960-00
Large Print Teacher’s Guidebook with CD-ROM:
Catalog Number: 7-08960-00
Click this link to purchase Stack Ups from APH.
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206-0085
Toll Free: 800-223-1839
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: http://www.aph.org
APH Shopping Home: http://shop.aph.org